субота, 24. март 2012.

Debjani Chatterjee: Two poems

Cancer pathway

In what mad moment
did I buy the ticket for
this cancer journey?

The pathway is dark,
there’s no map, no directions,
no light to lead me.

Cancer erases
the ordinary wrinkles
of my daily life.

The side effects are
just ‘collateral damage’,
so–called ‘friendly fire’.

Hansel and Gretel
taught me to scatter breadcrumbs,
to survive this ride.

Anniversaries
are milestones on the pathway.
One day at a time ...

Debjani Chatterjee

Debjani Chatterjee
Cancer is ...

Cancer is the cat
sitting open–mouthed below
the nest I must fly;

a sly hyena:
a scavenging predator,
dribbling and laughing;

a razored needle,
transforming into a spear
in each painful side.

Cancer is lightning:
picking on random victims –
and can strike again.

Debjani Chatterjee

Нема коментара: